[ut3] Lag without PL/highping

Erazor erazor at tff-clan.de
Fri Apr 4 12:31:43 EDT 2008

Hi,

mahe (ut-fun.de) schrieb:
> Is this problem still worked on?
> I still have it with patch 1.2.
>
> _Short summary:_
>
> After a few maps players start warping around, it gets unplayable.
> After about 5-10 Minutes the problem is gone.
> After a few maps it starts again.
> Ping is fine and there is no packet loss.
> CPU isn’t busy and there is more than enough RAM left.

i'm still getting packet loss after a few map changes, too. Patch 1.2 is
applied. This seems to happen, when the server is nearly full.

Commandline:
./ut3 server
vCTF-Suspense?Game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content?GameMode=3?Mutators=UTGame.UTMutator_WeaponReplacement?minnetplayers=1?maxplayers=20?PureServer=1?timelimit=30?goalscore=8?ServerName=My_UT3_Server?AdminPassword=game?bPlayersMustBeReady=False?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?forcerespawn=0?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bShouldAdvertise=True
-login=<LOGIN> -password=<PASSWORD> -Port=7777 -nohomedir
-log=MyServerLog.txt -multihome=<IP> -unattended

Serverspecs:
Dual Xeon 2,8 GHZ
4 GB ECC RAM
(server is idle at most of the time)

Does anybody know a solution for this (Modification of Tickrate, ...)?
If you need more information (logs, etc.) please let me know.

Greets
Alex