[ut3] Linux Client

Dean Hamstead dean at fragfest.com.au
Thu Oct 25 19:37:38 EDT 2007

FWIW the porting priority will most likely be the server as game developers
dont see  linux clients as a huge priority - truely the numbers involved
are
very minimal, as are mac (but growing nevertheless).

On the other hand, a sure fire way to sink your online game is to not
provide a free linux dedicated server. Doing so will mean gaming networks
and lanparties all over the world will (for free to the distributer) host,
support and tend to servers of the game. There is no other conceivable
way that the company could organize dedicated servers world wide on or
almost
on the day of release, if there were licensing or NDA type agreements.

So thats my little rant.

Im sure ryan has something biased in fact to say on it.

Dean