[ut3] Ageia Physics Linux

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Fri Oct 19 03:17:50 EDT 2007

> I have heard the rumor that Ageia is working on PhysX Linux drivers
> because Epic Games wants them?

This is what I said about 27 hours ago on this mailing list:

"They [Ageia] definitely support Linux with the SDK (and have taken a
few patches from me for Linux and Mac issues, too). I'm not aware of any
hardware support for Linux or Mac, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

If it shows up, we could definitely add it later; you talk to PhysX the
same way whether there's hardware or not, so it could really be as
simple as swapping out libPhysXCore.so."

...and nothing has changed since, at least, nothing I've been told
about. I would definitely LIKE hardware drivers, but I don't think Ageia
moves based on my desires.   :)

--ryan.