[ut3] Older Linux Servers

Sander alexanho at student.matnat.uio.no
Fri Oct 19 21:26:10 EDT 2007

Thanks, this was the babystep answer I was looking for :) Not being able
to connect to servers utilizing non-standard ports is OK; I simply take
whatever I can get. Just one more thing, though: Will all these ports
have to be opened both in and out? The UDP traffic is not much of a
problem, but the admins are loath to opening ports for incoming TCP

Dean Hamstead wrote:
> if your firewall is blocking all traffic, then you will need to
> have your IT services enable the ports listed below (taken from email)
> udp 13000
> udp 7777
> tcp 42821
> udp 32769
> i would imagine that NAT wont be a problem. ut has never been affected
> by NAT before, and imo games should be written to be able to deal with
> it.
> the other complication is that servers on different ports wont be
> available to you, however you will be able to see them in gamespy/
> browsing-util. which is/was the case with ut2004, and has nothing
> to do with the game and everything to do with pervasive firewalls.
> Dean
> Sander wrote:
>> cdx wrote:
>>> Hi Cory,