[ut3] Older Linux Servers

Sander alexanho at student.matnat.uio.no
Fri Oct 19 10:27:10 EDT 2007

cdx wrote:
> Hi Cory,
> netstat -nap will tell you this
>
> 1 udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:13000 0.0.0.0:* 2644/ut3demo-bin
> 2 udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:7777 0.0.0.0:* 2644/ut3demo-bin
>
> 3 tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:43821 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 2644/ut3demo-bin
> 4 udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32769 0.0.0.0:* 2644/ut3demo-bin
>
> 5 tcp 0 0 192.168.2.100:34810 207.38.11.34:29900 ESTABLISHED
> 2644/ut3demo-bin
>
> 1 and 2 are fixed ports, 3 and 4 are random (and afaik can not be
> fixed in the linux version), but not needed for establishing
> connections from the internet, but i dont know if the server will
> appear on the list
> 5 is afaik just the connection to the master server
>
> i only forward 1 and 2, because its a private clanserver, and therefor
> its not important to be listet in the server list
>
> sorry for my bad english
> best regards
> Jan
>

> Sunderhaus, Cory wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am new to the list, but I was wondering if I could ask a couple
>> questions to the experts.
>>
>> 1. I have an older Proliant HP server that has dual PIII Zeon
>> processors, 4 gig of RAM, and about 200 GB of HD space (Great little
>> Linux box). I have been reading that the Linux install was compiled
>> with SSE2 extensions and this would be the reason I am getting the
>> “Illegal instruction” error message. When the full version of the
>> game is released will this still be the case or should I start
>> looking for some P4 processors now?
>>
>> 2. I am planning on doing more research tonight with open ports,
>> however if someone knows this off the top of their head I thought I
>> would ask. So far from what I have been reading is the only ports
>> that need to be open are 7777, 14001, and 13001. The last two being
>> for the GameSpy servers. I have these ports open, however no one can
>> connect to the server I am running. I moved my PC out from behind my
>> router and everything works. I can update with what I find tonight
>> from running NetStat along with some other tools, but I know I am
>> missing something.
>>
>> Thanks in Advanced,
>>
>> -Cory

While we're on the subject of ports and such, would somebody please
explain something to me with babysteps? I live in a university dorm, and
thusly, I'm behind a firewall I have no control over. This firewall has
closed all UDP traffic, with a few exceptions, but it is possible to
apply for a opening of ports. What ports (both TCP and UDP) would be
required to play (note: not host a server) UT3 online?

Yours sincerly
Sander