Older Linux Servers

Sunderhaus, Cory Cory.Sunderhaus at osumc.edu
Thu Oct 18 09:58:41 EDT 2007

Hello all,

     I am new to the list, but I was wondering if I could ask a couple
questions to the experts.

1.	I have an older Proliant HP server that has dual PIII Zeon
processors, 4 gig of RAM, and about 200 GB of HD space (Great little Linux
box).  I have been reading that the Linux install was compiled with SSE2
extensions and this would be the reason I am getting the "Illegal
instruction" error message.  When the full version of the game is released
will this still be the case or should I start looking for some P4 processors
now?

2.	I am planning on doing more research tonight with open ports, however
if someone knows this off the top of their head I thought I would ask.  So
far from what I have been reading is the only ports that need to be open are
7777, 14001, and 13001.  The last two being for the GameSpy servers.  I have
these ports open, however no one can connect to the server I am running.  I
moved my PC out from behind my router and everything works.  I can update
with what I find tonight from running NetStat along with some other tools,
but I know I am missing something.

Thanks in Advanced,
-Cory