[ut3] UT3 and SB X-Fi

Spike spike at spykes.net
Thu Oct 18 03:49:58 EDT 2007

Its not UT3 I'm worried about in terms of EOL. The X-Fi is already over
2 years old, and we've all been waiting for a Linux driver for this
long. Least I know I have, so you can see why I lack any hope of seeing
it. They won't release any specs to the chip period. From what we
already see on the Windows front regarding the quality of Creative's
drivers, to expect anything good to happen on the Linux front is gonna
end up being a big letdown, just like we've been repeatedly shafted by
Creative's constant promises and then more and more countless delays.

Most (if not all) of the EMU20K1 relies on loadable binary firmware, so
why Creative just can't provide all the source and details on how to
load the binary firmware to make the card function is beyond me.

We don't forget. So far all of Creative's "promises" have been broken
promises.

- Bren