[ut3] Linux Client and a lot of rumors

Paul subsolar at subsolar.com
Tue Oct 16 21:57:09 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 00:23 +0200, Philipp Schmieder wrote:
> Oh yes, that's a great idea! I'd definitely appeciate that.
>
> > Can we please have a Webinterface to register *our* windows box
> > as linux box ???
> >
> > i think this would be easy and take into account that most linux
> > buyers want to vote with their money. perhaps include a link to the
> > register page somewhere in the box ??

If it works anything like the 2K4 client it will register the OS when
you play the game, and avoids "stuffing the ballot box" with fake Linux
registrations.

IIRC for 2K4 there were about 10K Linux clients that played on a regular
basis, I think there was like twice that many Mac clients, but I can't
find the article where it was stated.

Regards,
Paul Berger