[ut3] Running in background

[Apoc]Death death at apoc.org
Tue Oct 16 10:00:01 EDT 2007

I like screen for single instance testing, but usually you want to
get the thing going under the service/daemon infrastructure for your
distro, since these often can check for crashes and restart the
server, etc.

A way to fake that, being that I'm pretty lazy about learning such
things, is to have a crumby bash script for monitoring the server
that can be run in cron every minute...  The logic of the script is
simply: If there's a file with a PID check for the server there.  If
the server's down, run it again and record the PID for later
monitoring.  If there's no PID file, start the server and record the
PID for later monitoring.

-Rob