[ut3] Another Linux Client volunteer

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Wed Nov 28 14:16:04 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 15:49 +0100, Thomas Ilnseher wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 28.11.2007, 09:28 -0500 schrieb Spike
--snip--
> > If middleware is gonna be such a problem for Ryan, you'd of thought
> > Epic would have all of this legal crap resolved long before Ryan
> > even started working on the code. Epic makes promises, and doesn't
> > even make sure they are allowed to fullfill them license wise with
> the
> > middleware vendors. How lame is that?
>
> Imho they didn't check it before. The Linux beta server was released
> with that stuff. They just didn't check this legal stuff. Ok, not
> what
> you'd expect from a company like epic, but can happen, you know.

In my experience with dealing with patent attorneys at least, it's a
pretty common practice to delay most legal matters until after the
product is ready to ship. At that point companies are desperate to ship
the product and get revenue and are much more willing to pay out large
sums to just make the legal troubles go away. Don't you just love
lawyers? :)