[ut3] Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War Linux Status

Rick Page mpcacrucesalus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:01:08 EST 2007

Thanks for the info Adam. No toes have been stepped on. :) But I am
already aware of the beta version. However, the legal issues came up
after the release of the beta version. Someone correct me if I am
wrong. I am looking for the status of the final release. Like many of
us here on this list, I prefer to use Linux as my choice of OS for
gaming servers, and currently the beta is not compiled for the CPU
that I am currently using for my gaming servers. Plus the fact that
the beta version self-destructs. LOL I am just checking to see what
the current status is, as I am losing potential customers the longer I
wait to setup UT3 servers. And no, I am not going to go out and just
setup Windows Servers just for UT3. For one, they are more expensive
to operate and profit margins are tight as it is. I just hate to see
that the gaming developers/producers are narrowing their focus to
which market they are targeting making it more difficult for people
like Ryan to expand the use of their products. And yes, I feel like
the UT3 developers/producers have stabbed me in the back by saying
that their main focus was on PC Gamers when it is obvious that it is
the Console Gamers. Sorry for the rant, I will now step down from my
soap box.
Rick