[ut3] Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War Linux Status

petter flink petterflink at mac.com
Thu Nov 22 03:02:47 EST 2007

Well thats only partially true as Epic remove the fpslock back in rev
3226 for online gaming when using specific client settings.

Unfortunately the implementation of that in combination of WeaponFire
and Simulated functions caused loads of desync problems for our mod.
I believe that an unlocked fps on client causes the clients 'tick' to
free run and not be synced properly with all it's internal code when
running 'loose' above 85 fps.

/petter