[ut3] Linux Server and AMD Athlon 2600 dual processor

Joel Wiramu Pauling aenertia at aenertia.net
Mon Nov 19 00:06:56 EST 2007

Generally. While enhanced instruction sets are useful for specific
transforms, they are not some sort of GLOBAL program optimisation.

Read : http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/730/

Reading comments essential. This is presuming that Ryan is using GCC to
compile. Choice of compiler is going to greatly change the profiling,
and the profiling of the code is where you get your optimisations,
rather than just flicking some instruction set use flags.