[ut3] Linux Server and AMD Athlon 2600 dual processor

Alex Boag-Munroe boagenator at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:45:51 EST 2007

Try running it with strace and see if you get anything meaningful.  Try
running in Uniprocessor mode.  Check that the kernel is configured for the
correct CPU, not looking to teach you to suck eggs for 2x Athlons isn't the
same as a multicore Athlon.  Newer kernels come with the multicore scheduler
on by default which I've seen cause problems with older SMP type systems.

On 15/11/2007, Rick Page <mpcacrucesalus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I have been running the demo for some time on a 2.1GHz Celeron without
> too much problems. I am now trying to get it to run on an AMD Athlon
> 2600 MP. I am not sure if it is a problem with the betademo or if it
> is a problem with my setup. The Celeron is running Red Hat 9 and the
> AMD is running CentOS 5. Yes I know that there really isn't much a
> difference between the two OS's. When I try running ./ut3demo server
> DM-ShangriLa?........., I get an Illegal instruction. Nothing else
> comes up, just Illegal instruction. If I just try ./ut3demo, I get the
> same message. Yes, I know, not very helpful is it. That is why I am
> leaning a little more towards my setup, but just wanted to check to
> see if anyone else had this problem. Any helpful suggestions on where
> to start to look would be greatly appreciated.
> Rick

Alex Boag-Munroe

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.