[ut3] Running in background

ISV_Damocles isv.damocles at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:07:31 EST 2007

That won't work because the start_ut3.sh script is a child of your SSH's
bash process, so when it dies, so does all the child processes.

screen is an application that allows you to leave processes running even if
you're not connected because they're spawned by an always-running daemon
rather than the ssh process.

Basically, assuming your server has it installed, run "screen", then run
"./start_ut3.sh", then press "Ctrl-a", then "d".

When you want to kill the ut3 server, run "screen -r" then press "Ctrl-c".
Then you can just "exit" from screen.

You can find some more commands here:
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/3/9/16838/14935

Or check screen's man page.