Connection Failed

Sam C-D kno333 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 14:33:56 EST 2007

OK, I am trying to setup a dedicated LAN server.  Here is the command I
am using to start:

./ut3 server
DM-ShangriLa?MaxPlayers=8?MinNetPlayers=1?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?TimeLimit=20?GoalScore=0?Mutator=UTGame.UTMutator_Instagib?AdminPassword=test?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=True

And I get to this point in the loading, (which is rather slow, takes
over 5 minutes (A64 3500 @ 2100MHz) don't know if that is normal or not):

"
Log: Game class is 'UTDeathmatch'
Init: Sockets: Socket queue 262142 / 262142
Init: Sockets: I am lizzy (127.0.0.1:0)
Log: NetMode is now 1
Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
Log: Novodex Terrain Creation (Terrain_0): 38.020000 ms
Log: Bringing World DM-ShangriLa.TheWorld up for play (30) at
2007.12.28-19.14.41
ScriptLog: Mutators UTGame.UTMutator_Instagib
ScriptLog: MinNetPlayers:  1
ScriptLog: -- MAPVOTE is ENABLED!!!!!
Log: Bringing up level for play took: 7.510436
Log: ########### Finished loading level: 203.653334 seconds
Init: Game engine initialized
Log: Initializing Game Engine Completed
Log: FSTUNClient resolved stunserver.org (192.245.12.229)
"

At this point it stops doing anything (left if for a good few hours) and
i assume that at this point the server is up and rearing to go.  If I
browse the LAN servers in UT3 (windows computer on the network) then I
can see the server up, and it is listed correctly.  However, when I try
to connect, it attepts for a while, but eventually the connection fails.

Anyone have any ideas? feel like im almost there, would be great to get
this going!

Thanks,

kno3