[ut3] !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was - Re: [ut3] !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bensch Blaser g-news at freesurf.ch
Fri Dec 28 14:24:32 EST 2007

This is off topic, but I'm conducting a study on nonverbal behavior in
digital media at the moment and I'd like to share some results of the
polls. (because it might shed some light on the mechanics of
exclamation mark spammming)

When asked, how they'd interpret a triple exclamation mark in a
written message (!!!), the 117 respondents (so far) answered:

15 considered it a bad habit
5 felt it was a sign of joy
34 saw an expression of anger
13 considered it a generally negative amplifier
43 considered it a generally positive amplifier
  7 considered it a sign of command

So, statistically, one might assume thatAlexander Brose is either
trying to tell us that he is happy about still being in the list, or
he is quite angry. Not surprisingly, a considerable number considered
his expression of anger to be a bad habit, instead.

So much for that.

G-News