[ut3] CPU Usage 32bit intel <> 64bit amd difference

Mike Buderath | Net Tuning Group m.buderath at nettuning.nl
Wed Dec 26 09:05:37 EST 2007

Ryan,

I find the UT3 server very resource intensive, it maxes out most Quad and
Dual core machines I got when full, not talking about when higher the
Tickrate to 45 e.g.

As a matter of fact it only runs smooth on high-end servers (with reasonable
tickrate of 45) and still it will bring a intel Q6700 to 70-100% in ‘’top’’
and fills the RAM up to 1Gb. That should mean expensive servers can only
host 1 instance per machine, I don’t that this would help ut3 living a long
life. I don’t know about windows, if it’s the same resource intensive. But
where I could run 4-5 servers of ut2k4 I can now hardly run 1 ut3 server
without the server goes swapping and eventually starts to lag slightly. Is
this how UT3 dedicated server will act on linux? Or this resource eating is
being fixed?

If you like you can have access on a Intel Q6700 machine with 8Gb DDR-2
Ecc-reg RAM and 1Gbit connection, and you can see with youre own eyes how it
eats a killer-machine its precious resources like it’s a Intel Celeron
trying to catch up. Just let me know.

Thanks