Detected negative delta time

Christopher Murphy chris at midst.ca
Tue Dec 25 21:39:44 EST 2007

I was having such good luck with the linux server so far, everything was
working great. Unfortunately I decided to reinstall/upgrade my server
last week.

I WAS using a 2.6.18 kernel.
I am now using 2.6.23.12 and the latest versions of all the usual libraries.
Both were compiled with as few options as possible.

It is a Pentium D 930 (3ghz) with 2gb DDR2-533mhz.

The previous message about this issue seemed to suggested it could be
corrected by changing a kernel option. Does anyone here have any details
about what is throwing this error and why?

(Nothing is adjusting the time while the ut3 server is starting.)

----------

Log: GAME PATH IS UTVehicleCTFGame_Content

appError called:
Detected negative delta time - on AMD systems please install
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Detected negative delta time - on AMD systems please install
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html
Detected negative delta time - on AMD systems please install
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

Exiting due to error