[ut3] UT3 Linux server now available!

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Tue Dec 18 17:26:57 EST 2007

> I can't confirm that the advertising feature is working, due to some
> time-lag between when the server is first run, and its appearance on the
> server list, but I can definitely connect to it from my Windows client,
> along with a few other testers.

I don't think anyone stops you from direct-IP connections to a server
(using "open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" from the in-game console), regardless of
gamespy state; it will certainly stop you from advertising in the server
browser, though.

It's likely that you are basically a "LAN" game that's publically
available, if you don't have a Gamespy login...but the server shouldn't
refuse to run at all in that case. I think this is true on Windows, too.

--ryan.