[ut3] "Illegal Instruction"

[Apoc]Death death at apoc.org
Tue Dec 18 17:17:20 EST 2007

I'm getting an immediate "Illegal Instruction" output in bash, and
nothing else.  I'm not getting any log file.

e.g.:

death at doomsday:~/ut3-dedicated/Binaries$ ./ut3 server -log=$HOME/log.log
Illegal instruction
death at doomsday:~/ut3-dedicated/Binaries$

...and log.log is never created.

Is there information in /proc that might be helpful?  Here's /proc/
cpuinfo:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 4
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 1399.776
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow up
bogomips        : 2801.59
clflush size    : 32

I note a lack of original sse in the flags list...  Could this be the
issue?

I'll be home from work in two hours, and from there, I'll have a
wider variety of hardware to test on (a Core 2 Quad and a Athlon XP
2800+).  I wish I knew more specific info about this system, but my
sysadmin threw it together quickly and didn't really know what parts
went in.  Helpful, yes, I know...  ;)

Cheers,

-Rob