[ut3] Linux client release date

Alex Boag-Munroe boagenator at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 11:15:53 EST 2007

On 16/12/2007, Matthew Clark <mclark4386 at charter.net> wrote:

> b)since when did you have to know a lot about gmail in order to run a
> linux server and especially, and more probably in this case, to play a
> game on linux? I don't remember that being in the linux cert. handbook =P

I think the general point here, and I agree, is that if you lack the
brainpower to figure out that a link called "Create a Filter" is what you
need to click to create a mail filter, or to read Google's documentation on
how to create a filter then the hopes of you being capable of running a
Linux server or Linux client are relatively slim, since both of those at
some point require that you help yourself and RTFM.

You don't need to "know gmail" to "know linux" but you do need to be able to
help yourself/read docs/engage brain to do both of those, the former to a
much lesser degree.