[ut3] Legalities

Spike spike at spykes.net
Sat Dec 15 14:30:52 EST 2007

Amen. :-)

Its sad that they make things harder for Ryan than ever needed to be.

Questions:

Why did Epic choose GameSpy this time?
Why did Epic choose Bink for videos? (Even the load screens!)
As for PhysX I won't comment.
Lots of other routine middleware floating around in there too probably.

Remember Postal2? Remember it being held up for months on end due to
middleware? (In that case it was the ragdoll physics). I know this
wasn't Epic related but case in point every game that got delayed due
to legal involving stupid (almost always useless) middleware has been a
long wait.

Its Epic's problem, certainly they knew of the can-O-w0rms they had
coming beforehand, but didn't care as long as they got UT3 rushed out
the door for Consoles+Windows anyways. I put Consoles first because
everyone knows that's the single handed truth.

UT3 PC = Beta for Console versions.

Nuff said.

~Spike