[ut3] Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War Linux Status

Alan Ianson alianson at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 11 12:50:15 EST 2007

On Tue December 11 2007 07:33:50 am Wobe wrote:
> I think I'm just about done waiting, the feedback from pc users in general
> has been less than positive, and there are other things that do work in
> good old Linux.

I was taken back somewhat not to find the linux-installer.sh on the DVD, but
if I have to wait that's what I'll do. I'm sure it will be worth it.

I've considered partitioning up a little ntfs space on the hard drive but
decided against it. I may try running the game under wine and see what
happens. Steam is running quite well under wine for me so maybe ut3 will too.

The nice thing about ut3 is that there will be a linux version available
whereas there never will be one for steam/valve AFAIK.

> I'll go back to playing 2k4 or the original, both have an active community.
> Maybe we should just get every other one, seems to be the way it works.

I still play GOTY (and of course 2k3/4) from time to time.. :)