[ut3] UT3

Joel Wiramu Pauling aenertia at aenertia.net
Fri Dec 7 19:19:34 EST 2007

I've always viewed it like this. Yes it's marketing. But I as a Linux Geek,
have a High Authoritative power in terms of Geeky computer maters in my
Social circles, and so need to be a target for marketing companies. Not
because I buy games, but because I have a very high influence on my social
groups in anchoring and sustaining various attitudes (and thus behaviors)
about games, games companies and technologies used by gaming industry.

A few words from me about how nasty or nice said gaming technology is, or
said  makers Open API policies are. Or how the network code runs in a
particular game, or how much a Publisher endorses user mod/fair use of it's
products. Or how much a particular middle ware are bastards about protecting
there IP.

Can determine a) if they actually buy the game rather than pirating it
b) if they continue to play the game after completing it
c) if they bother to spread the word to there own friends
d) How much they enjoy it ( yes good games aside, if your social group
belittles you about it.. WOW anyone ;0)

Just my 0.02$ as a Social Psychologist. (Yes my grammar is t3h l0se)