Linux port delayed due to legal problems?

Jeff Dilcher dilcher at hiddenworld.net
Thu Dec 6 09:17:56 EST 2007

Where is the announcement that the delay is due to legal problems?

I had the impression, but no evidence, that the product was rushed out maybe a bit "early",
so as not to miss out on the lucrative Christmas shopping frenzy.  Had they not been
pressured to get something out before Christmas, the entire product would have maybe been
released a little later, but maybe would have had the Linux portion working, and an
installer on the disc.

I don't know if this has any basis in truth, but, you can imagine a conversation like:

sales dept:  Is it done yet?  Christmas getting darned close!
developers:  No, still finishing up some things, including linux port
sales dept:  F*ck the linux port, those open source people hardly spend any money anyway,
             get something out the door now!