[ut3] Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War Linux Status

Jeff Woods klaatu at fnordco.com
Mon Dec 3 18:35:32 EST 2007

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 22:12:08 +0000
"Pierce Ward" <pierceward at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why the hell would you want to play a PC FPS with anything other than
> a mouse and keyboard!?

I've been using a joystick and trackball with FPSes for years. It rocks.

The only reason the mouse and keyboard became the standard for PC FPSes is because every PC comes with a mouse and keyboard.

The mouse is a great aiming device, but the keyboard is merely adequate for movement. It's just so ingrained in FPS "culture" now that few people can conceive of an alternative.

> On Dec 3, 2007 10:03 PM, Jesse Roberts <jroberts.science at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Cube sis: ...what type of a gaming controller...

> > You mean like a keyboard and mouse? My $25 Logitech set works pretty well.

Too much is not enough.