[ut3] Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War Linux Status

Matthew Thompson chameleonator at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:35:23 EST 2007

The reason why I chose to mention iD and not Epic is that they design their
games with the knowledge that they will some day become open source. Quake
I, II, and III have spawned so many OSS games it's not even funny. If Epic
released the source to the original UT my head would probably explode - we
could have updated graphics, a fixed sound system, and all sorts of ports. I
would play UT over Quake any day, but since Quake is open source and UT
isn't it will be getting much more playtime in the longrun (Quake on
Nintendo DS, anyone?)