[ut2004] Linux demo?

Rick B zajelo33 at embarqmail.com
Sat Oct 13 19:41:38 EDT 2007

[Apoc]Death wrote:
> See what I'm talking about, Rick?  ;)
>
> Thanks for all the good news and hard work, Ryan.  Through UT2k4, I
> was able to convert a couple of my clanmates to linux, so with luck
> you'll have another tester or two this time around from the Apoc crew.
>
> Best of luck pushing these out...  I know quite a few server admins
> who will love to see a linux dedicated server package announcement in
> their inboxes.  :)
>
> -Rob
>
> On Oct 12, 2007, at 7:45 PM, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
>

>>> Go, Ryan, go!  :)
>>
>> Heh, thanks.
>>
>> The dedicated server should be along very soon, but the Linux client
>> won't be here tonight, for those waiting for it.
>>
>> I have set up a mailing list for UT3 linux and mac discussion, and
>> I'll be announcing things there when they become available.
>>
>> Send a blank email to ut3-subscribe at icculus.org to join the list.
>>
>> Let's not talk about UT3 on this mailing list...the expectation is
>> that this list will be incredibly low volume, but still available for
>> UT2004 discussion.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --ryan.
>>

>> ---
>> To unsubscribe, send a blank email to ut2004-unsubscribe at icculus.org
>>

> ---
> To unsubscribe, send a blank email to ut2004-unsubscribe at icculus.org

    LOL...I wasn't trying to insinuate that Ryan wasn't working as hard
as he could, it's just that I had promised my 15 year old son that I
would see if I could find out when the Linux demo was going to be
released. You know how kids are, getting all impatient about this kind
of stuff (wink,wink). I told him that worst case I would reinstall
Windows 2000 on a spare partition and we would play UT3 that way, but I
found that UT3 doesn't have Windows 2000 support, so we'll just have to
tough it out. Thanks for you hard work Ryan, it is appreciated.
Switching over to the UT3 list from here on.

Rick B