[ut2004] Video

Bill Fraser bill.fraser at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 22:14:29 EDT 2007

Depending on how your distro set up your kernel, you might be able to
perform the following check:

Do this in a terminal window:
zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_HZ

If you see "CONFIG_HZ=1000" or "CONFIG_HZ_1000=y" somewhere, then your
kernel's timer already runs at 1000 Hz. Otherwise, consult Google on
how to reconfigure and recompile your kernel.

If that command doesn't work, again consult Google on how to recompile
and reconfigure your kernel, and how to check for that value.

Good luck,
-Bill