[ut2004] *sigh*

Robert Pollard robertmp at comcast.net
Sun Apr 8 20:21:32 EDT 2007

Sorry for the late response but I just found this.  I hope you have found
something more positive than I have but I went the ATI route and found out
that ATI themselves will not support Linux.  They don't even make it easy for
someone else to write drivers.

Linux is a pain in dealing with installing stuff outside of the normal
installers like YaST on SuSE.

I have had horrible pain in installing a software product and it's many
non-included libraries only to find out the libraries it recommended getting
were older than what I had.  I found this out too late.  I had a terrible
time recovering from that.  Linux is not for the faint at heart but the
absolute best gaming platform when compared to Windoze.  Quake 4 takes 3
minutes to initially load on Windows and 1 minute on Linux.

Best of luck to you.  I hope you defy my negative feedback and win this bloody
war.  :-)

Robert