[ut2004servers] Beta patch 3362
clint at magicalspirits.net
Wed Oct 5 20:37:30 EDT 2005
I'd really like to beta test this on my server. Particularly so we don't
get in the same state as we did with 3355 where the performance on a
large server was a problem.
Richard, is there any news when we can get a beta linux patch?
From: owner-ut2004servers at udn.epicgames.com
[mailto:owner-ut2004servers at udn.epicgames.com] On Behalf Of Steve Polge
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 4:37 PM
To: ut2004servers at udn.epicgames.com; ut2004mods at udn.epicgames.com
Subject: [ut2004servers] Beta patch 3362
This patch is currently available for windows clients and servers. You
can get the patch from
Please mirror it. This patch is not intended for public distribution,
since it is a beta. What this means is - feel free to distribute it
informally to anyone that will help test it, but please don't post it on
public web sites. This patch is completely compatible with the retail
version and previous patches - servers and clients of any flavor can
connect with each other. This patch will not overwrite your ut2004.ini
and user.ini files, except to update settings as necessary.
This patch should be installed *after* installing the Epic ECE Bonus
Pack, as it updates some of the game code included with the bonus pack.
The patch change list is included in the patch. After installing the
patch, you can find it at ut2004\help\readmepatch.int.txt. Here are the
changes from 3355 to 3362:
Thanks to John Barrett for a number of fixes.
- Fixed DriverLeft() not be called when driver dies in vehicle without
vehicle being destroyed. This fixes the vehicle not resetting, and
fixes effects like the engine sound not being turned off.
- Fixed some vehicle weapon effects staying around when bots stopped
- Fixed spider mine layer incorrectly reducing mine count when a fired
spider mine immediately explodes.
- Fixed manta and raptor spinning sometimes when player enters
- SPMA camera explodes if it hits water.
- Don't allow SPMA camera view to go outside world.
- Invasion HUD radar uses the viewed pawn's rotation rather than the
- Fixed low gravity not working properly in second and successive rounds
- Moved announcements for assault energycore to ASOBJ_EnergyCore_Spawn,
and made them editable by level designers.
- Fixed spawning multiple energycores in Assault.
- Can now throw linkgun with 1 ammo left.
- Fixed exploit where shieldgun could be used to protect against lava or
slime volume damage.
- Fixed CTF Flags not returning exploit
- Various networking serialization optimizations.
- Fixed issues where players would not properly be sent to the
Spectating state on clients.
- Fix for eyeheight getting screwed up on client
- Server optimization - players don't do line of sight checks with each
- Don't replicate pawn.ViewPitch to netowner
- Fixed CTF flag not properly attaching to vehicles on net clients.
- Made CD key hashes sent by clients more secure.
- Fixed various exploits.
- Merged Michiel Hendrick's HTTP redirect code improvements.
- Return rather than asserting in UCanvas::WrappedPrint() if no valid
- Fixed -Mod= to support proper exporting of headers
- Convert '|' to '_' in player names.
- Fixed cut and paste error in MidGamePanel.uc that could cause crashes
on level changes. (thanks Wormbo)
If you would like to be taken off this mailing list, please send an
email to majordomo at udn.epicgames.com and include the words "unsubscribe
ut2004servers" in the BODY of the message. Mail udn at epicgames.com if
you have trouble.
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by CSolutions.net]
More information about the ut2004