[ut2004] new ut2004 build

Gian Paolo Mureddu thetargos at tutopia.com
Tue Nov 8 12:16:54 EST 2005

Spike wrote:

>Epic don't release source to any of their games it seems.
>Also UT2004 is too new to release any source to anyways.
>
>I been hoping for the release of the source code to UT99 for a long
>time now and I don't see it ever happening, and this game is as old as
>Quake3Arena. It would be nice for the community to finally fix the
>remaining bugs in the Linux client and finally get that OSX client out
>the door as well. The lack of improvements to UT99 is just killing what
>is left of the community that still has some potential. (Cheating, etc)
>
>-Bren
>
>On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:06:10 +1100
>Dean Hamstead <dean at bong.com.au> wrote:
>

>>is there any chance of a source release ala-quake
>>
>>doom, quake1,2 & 3 have all been well maintained by the community.
>>
>>all of them have been enhanced and run on more platforms than
>>ever before. whilst ID still maintains propriety copyright over
>>the game files, the engine has been saved from bitrot.
>>

>>Dean
>>
>>Spike wrote:
>>

>>>I don't think it will be too long before a new official UT2004 patch
>>>will be out. There's already a windows beta of 3362 floating around with
>>>fixes now. We can only hope. :-)
>>>
>>>-Bren

>>--
>>WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au
>>EMAIL: dean at bong.com.au       or       djzort at bong.com.au
>>ICQ: 16867613

Still, that would be awesome from them to release the code for original
Unreal and (since it is based there off) UT99. A native x86-64 build and
some other enhancements (like SDL/OpenAL audio) rendering improvements
and such would be awesome.... Let us just hope that Epic sees this and
go forward, just as they've been quite supportive of the community by
releasing their awsome tools for creating new content for the games to
extend them even furhter and incredibly... Albeit them bein only
available for one platform.