[ut2004] ./ut2004-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5

Guy Hutchison ghutchis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 12:52:52 EDT 2005

On 6/21/05, David Wood <obsidian at panix.com> wrote:
> So, we have several (mostly) sane ways to organize binary distribution in
> Linux, but we're not using them. Maybe one needs to win, or maybe we just
> need tools to easily support a few simultaneously...

I don't think one will ever win, but I'm not sure it's necessary for
one to win, either.  The linker itself knows which library it's
looking for, all you need is a hook from the linker to the system
configuration tool that fires up whenever you get an unresolved
reference.  Something like:
Couldn't dlopen "libstdc++.so.6.0.3"
By the way, there is a library like this for your system, but it's not
installed right now.  It's found in package libstdc++.someversion.rpm.
 Would you like to download it from YourVendor.com and install it now?