[ut2004] ALSA or OSS

Bill Fraser bill.fraser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 21:16:25 EST 2005

The Creative cards work great. I've got an SB Live (emu10k1 chip) and
it works flawlessly. With relatively minimal configuration I can get
XMMS and UT2004 (and any number of other programs for that matter) to
share the sound via Alsa very nicely. If it's a big issue for you, go
out and buy one of the mid-range Creative cards. They're not very
expensive (~$30 on NewEgg), and they fit the bill quite nicely for the
purpose. Driver support is excellent; my only complaint is that the
mixer settings for input are a little broken.