[ut2004] bonus pack

EC zybhjk at verizon.net
Thu Feb 24 17:35:06 EST 2005

Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:08:17 +0000 | Pollywog <linux at shadypond.com>

::-On Thursday 24 February 2005 05:04 pm, Pollywog wrote:
::-> On Thursday 24 February 2005 04:57 pm, Spike wrote:
::-> > Unless he means kernel sources, in that case theres a kernel
sources ::-> > package that needs to be installed. Easy enough to do
with apt-get. ::->
::-> I have the kernel sources, I am unable to apt-get the nvidia
packages so I ::-> can compile nvidia and glx modules.  Something has
probably changed since I ::-> last had to do that, so I am confused and
am trying to find answers on the ::-> Debian lists and with Google.
::-
::-I think it really has been a long time since I have done this... I am
not sure  ::-I really meant compiling the nvidia drivers.  I think they
are already  ::-compiled, but I am unable to apt-get them, the
nvidia-kernel-source and  ::-related glx packages.
::-

I have an nvidia (and glx driver) under debian, and I also had trouble
with the packaging.  I think apt-getting the binary driver
just downloads an uncompressed version of the driver package which I
could not figure out, so I just have that sitting in /usr/src
uninstalled and used the usual NVIDIA-Linux-x86 package from nvidia.com.
Works fine, but it is a little sloppy to keep the apt-installed files
sitting there unused (they are needed for dependancies for other
packages however)
Sorry if that explanation made no sense, I will clarify if needed. (I
don't complely understand the nvidia-glx package myself)

//EC