Map downloads in amd64 linux

David Wood obsidian at
Thu Feb 10 16:35:02 EST 2005

Map downloading via HTTP is broken in AMD64. Bug filed here:

This is agonizing, because this whole incredibly complicated 3D engine
has been ported to amd64, but this one tiny little detail, which I could
almost certainly fix myself in about 60 minutes if I had the source
code, is rendering 90% of the world's servers (which make you download
things) unusable.

I know this is no longer the game of the week, but please, fire up the
compiler one last time. This will be such an easy bug to fix... Is there
any hope?

Thanks, and Regards,