[ut2004] patch 3369 for GNU/Linux available

Adam Gibson static at xstatica.com
Tue Dec 6 00:17:05 EST 2005

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> Adam Gibson wrote:
>

>>Anyone else have their sound stop working after applying the patch?
>>
>>System is x86_64 but tried the i386 and the x86_64 binary with the
>>same results.  With the i386 binary I tried the SDL in the System
>>directory as well as the native SDL in FC4 with the same results too.
>>
>>The game looks great but no sound.  Quake3, Quake4 and other games
>>work with sound.
>>

> The game works just fine with x86_64 Fedora Core 4 here. I have to use
> the 64-bit binary to get sound, though, as the problem in my system
> seems to be OpenAL. You may try to yum install openal from the Extras
> repo and substitute the openal.so library in the System directory. See
> how it goes. Also I HAD to link my system's libSDL (in
> /usr/lib64/libSDL.1.2.so.7.1 to libSDL.1.2.so)

Found the problem.  I moved the included i386 openal.so out of the way
for some reason a day earlier which is why sound didn't work on the i386
ut2004.  To get the ut2004 64bit binary to work I just had to link
/usr/lib64/libopenal.so as openal.so in the ut2004/System directory.  I
didn't realize that openal.so was required in the System directory.

Sound works now for both i386 and x86_64 if I exchange the openal.so and
the libSDL-1.2.so.0 in the ut2004/System directory with the correct
library in /usr/lib or /usr/lib64 respectively.  I already had the RPM
for openal(64bit and 32bit) and SDL(64bit and 32 bit) installed.