the old ut never quits bug

Matt Cheely mcheely at glue.umd.edu
Mon Dec 5 00:50:54 EST 2005

I know this has come up before long ago, but has anybody ever discovered
a workaround or fix for the bug where ut2004 takes forever to exit after
you quit? I seem to remember it having something to do with openal, but
I don't remember ever hearing of a solution for it.

I looked through the list archives but didn't see anything particularly
enlightening.

It was never a big deal before, but now I'm trying to run it on a mythtv
box, and the fact that it doesn't quit properly means it's pretty much
unplayable from the games menu.