[ut2004] New Linux user with a problem!

Pollywog linux at shadypond.com
Mon Apr 25 12:35:55 EDT 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 08:57 am, Jim Grimsby wrote:

> Ok I tryed this and here is what I got.
> Erron: Bad /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 File
> I don't know what this means

Does that file exist?  Perhaps you have not configured your X server for your
video card and monitor, do you remember having to answer questions about your
setup?

That is why I commented that it was odd that you had the same problem in
Linspire.  It usually takes care of stuff like that for you, but in Debian it
is slightly more complicated, it has to be done manually.

8)