[ut2004] re the 3323 patch, is there a utsecure update in there?

Guy Hutchison ghutchis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 03:56:50 EDT 2004

Yeah I usually get fragged on the mid-game check.  I'm also curious as
to exactly what TCC is checking for, since in general this is a hard
problem for security -- how do you get an untrusted client to verify
itself?

Also, does TCC force clients to synchronize with the server more
often?  I was playing one game the other night where every time I got
close to a particular player my frame rate would drop to around
2-3fps.  Death usually occurred shortly thereafter, at which point the
problem cleared itself.  Also could have been related to the number of
projectiles in the immediate vicinity.

  - Guy