[ut2004] patch broke my server

Pollywog linux at shadypond.com
Thu Sep 2 11:36:01 EDT 2004

On 09/02/2004 11:22 am, Robert Larkin wrote:

> Every time I've had a crash it was because a file was missing or
> corrupted.

I think I had the wrong server, so the patch was not designed for the server I
was running.  After installing another server (version 3186), I did notice
some lag I had not seen before when playing on the LAN.  I don't know if it's
the server or the patch but after a reboot it seems much better.

The patches (most of them) would break my client but this one (3270-1) did not
break my client.  It would be nice if the patches had a script that would
backup files, so that if the patch must be removed, the game can be restored
to the pre-patched state.  When the patches are buggy, I end up having to
reinstall the game and then maps and the Community Bonus Pack.

I have installed some mutators (Advanced Armor+DesertCombat as an example) and
I can't choose the vehicles I want to use, like the Nexis Mobile Launcher.  I
think it's because in Windows there is some type of menu for doing this, but
not in Linux.

BTW I played on a server which had the Airpower mutator and the drop ships
would lag the server bigtime, but on my LAN, I am able to use the mutator
with one or two drops ships or Predator airships without any problems.  I
think some mutators are a problem because so many people will try to use the
big ships all at once.

Is there a way to get certain mutators to start whenever an Onslaught game is
started?  ATM I can only start the mutators by opening a web browser and
starting them that way, every time I start the game.  The only way I know of
to do this is to make a new gametype, but I don't think this can be done in
Linux.  I tried it but GameMake did not work in Linux.

8)