[ut2004] new server installed - errors

Pollywog linux at shadypond.com
Wed Sep 1 09:39:19 EDT 2004

On 09/01/2004 01:24 pm, Kris Vorwerk wrote:
> > /home/games/ut2004/System/ucc-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> > libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > I did not see this error before, so I wonder why I am seeing it now.  I
> > recall reading about this in an FAQ somewhere.  Any ideas?
>
> I think the cleanest solution is to download, compile, and install the
> latest v3 of gcc from ftp.gnu.org.

I take it then, that since I had not seen this error before and I see it now
only after installing the ut2004 server from a new download, that the problem
I had with the patch (on the server, not the client) was likely because I was
using the patch on some older version of the ut2004 server.

I am not very experienced in compiling rpm's, I have done it only a few times
and not in a long time, so I will stick with binaries.  The system in
question is RedHat-based, unlike my desktop machine which is Xandros
(Debian-based).

8)