RAM usage in 2.6.9?

Mathew Hennessy hennessy at thoughtcrime.com
Mon Oct 25 19:14:34 EDT 2004

 I'm having a hell of a time with ut2004 when running the 2.6.9 kernel.  I end
up maxing out physical memory (top shows over 280MB real, 420 total for
ut2004-bin) and going into swap.  This results in a major slowdown.

 Is there any instrumentation in ut2004 that I can turn on that would help
diagnose this issue?

 I'm running a P4 2.8C, 512MB RAM, Gentoo 2.6.9 w/nvidia 6111 drivers.

- Matt

 *         Mathew Hennessy                  hennessy at thoughtcrime.com
 * We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the
 * ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this
 * is what annoys me.
 * -- Jack Handey