[ut2004] Uncaching Script (Extraction from ~/.ut2004/Cache)

Thomas Otto 3.1415926535897932384626433832 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 1 06:49:33 EDT 2004

>         I have to admit that I'm using UtCacheManager.tcl written by a
>         friend for UT99, but working also with UT2K4 but it's nice to
>         have one for the command line :)

Seems it's this <http://happypenguin.org/show?UtCacheManager>, site
itself is down indeed :/

Before I wrote the script I found this other frontend (Qt) here
<http://www.unrealtower.org/downloads/linux#dwnd22>  (UT2003 only but
should be easily adapted, horray for Free Software) but it required too
much interaction, atm I even call the script before every game from
within the ut2004 startupscript :)

OTOH this sortof junks my Maps/ folder with maps of questionable
quality, I guess I'll have too weed through these one day, especially
concidering I copied (symlinked actually) all the maps from ut2003 over
as well, resulting in, oh, 458 Maps atm *g*; and my games parition
certainly hasn't enough space left to hold Doom3 when I finally comes...

          -Thomas