64 bit client problems with downloads

Clint Goudie-Nice clint at magicalspirits.net
Wed Nov 17 01:23:24 EST 2004

Greetings, I'm having the oddest problem.

I just fired up my home box with Fedora Core 3 x86_64 and when I connect
to my server, it goes out and downloads the compressed .uz2 from the web
server and once it's complete, it resets to 0 and starts downloading the
files from the ut process on the server via the slow and painful method.
To make matters more interesting this method goes into the 250% + range
for each download before accepting it and loading it. I'm in control of
the server in this case, and I'm sure the files are synchronized between
the web server and the ut server. The windows client doesn't exhibit
this behavior either.

Am I missing some library that lets it extract .uz2 files or is
something else amiss here?

I'm running 3323 ;)

Clint