[ut2004] SuSE 9.1 Sound

EC zybhjk at verizon.net
Fri Nov 12 18:25:22 EST 2004

you will probably want to disable agpgart in your kernel so it can exclusively use nvagp.  This requires a kernel recompile

//ec

Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:16:46 -0800 (PST) | TheGsusFreek <thegsusfreek at yahoo.com>

::-
::---- Andreas 'GlaDiaC' Schneider
::-<andreas.schneider at linux-gamers.net> wrote:
::-
::-> I had no problems with SuSE 9.1. Try Kernel 2.6.8
::->
::->
::->ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/projects/kernel/kotd/i386/HEAD/
::-
::-
::-Ack!  Which one do I get?!  Sorry, but I haven't
::-messed around much with the kernel before.
::-
::-I have an FX5200, and I've just found something else
::-that makes me believe it is the AGP.  When I go to
::-/proc/drivers/nvidia/agp/status  it says it is
::-disabled.
::-
::-When I tell it to use agpgart, it fails starting
::-during bootup and freezes whenever I run anything 3D.
::-I have an error in dmesg: NVRM: rm_init_adapter failed
::-
::-However, when I tell it to use NvAGP, everything works
::-...sorta, and I get this error twice in dmesg: NVRM:
::-not using NVAGP, AGPGART is loaded!!  and then I find
::-out that agp is disabled.
::-
::-I hope the new kernel fixes this!
::-