[ut2004] Voip in UT2004 with Nforce2

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Fri Nov 5 16:33:49 EST 2004

> Ok I can at least hear my mike now. But when I ask if anyone can hear me
> while playing a game I get no response.  I was using Gnome before, but
> I'll use KDE untill I get it working because it's easier using the same
> mixer you are.

People can hear you if there's a volume meter on the left side of the
screen bouncing as you talk while holding down 'f'. If there's no bar
(or only a tiny square that isn't moving) then the game isn't picking up
your voice from the Mic in the first place.

Also, ut2004.log will report if it failed to open the audio device for
reading in the first place.

--ryan.