[ut2004] System lockups

[Apoc]Death death at apoc.org
Wed May 26 09:30:59 EDT 2004

Hi, Rick...

On Mon, 24 May 2004, rick wrote:

> > to do? System specs follow.
> >
> > Fedora Core 1
> > Kernel is 2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma (low latency, kernel preempt)
> > Athlon 2500+ at 3200+ (never crashed before because of OCing)
> > Asus A7N8X-Del. Ver. 2.0

I noticed all the issues you've been having, as well as noticed that you
run an A7N8X-Deluxe mobo...  Between my lab (2 of these boards) and my
friends and I (another 3), we've been less than impressed with the
lack of reliability of this particular piece of hardware.  Admittedly,
I'm too cheap to change up...  ;)

If you haven't identified your hardware prob, I simply suggest starting
with your mobo.  _Some_ of the probems my friends and lab have encountered
are in this thread on my forums:

http://www.apoc.org/msgboard/viewtopic.php?t=1032

We meander off topic now and then, but a few annoying items related to
the A7N8X have been dropped in there by me, at least.  At any rate, these
things are probably unrelated, but I'll pass it along anyway in the off
chance that it helps...

Good luck!

Rob

[Apoc]Death (AKA Rob Gutermuth)    death at apoc.org