[ut2004] 2.6.6 kernel configuration

Gian Paolo Mureddu Thetargos at tutopia.com
Fri May 21 21:42:05 EDT 2004

Jason Paque wrote:

> that usually depends on the distro you are running ie- Redhat, fedora,
> Mandrake
>
> */Gian Paolo Mureddu <Thetargos at tutopia.com>/* wrote:
>
>     Ok guys so I reckon my 2.6.6 kernel is screwed up because of a
>     misconfiguration since no onle else has the problems I have: UT
>     exiting
>     with a SIGHUP (hangup) and waiting eternally to exit as soon as I
>     try to
>     enter "join game" or the "Community" options in the menu. Since
>     this is
>     an obvious Network misconfiugration, I was wondering how do you guys
>     (with 2.6.6 kernels) have your Networking options configured? I'm
>     pretty
>     sure the problem might rely in the Netfilter portion of the
>     kernel, but
>     then again, I have the same settings that were working Ok with my
>     2.6.5
>     kernel... This is getting frustrating and confusing... So what do you
>     have confiugred? I have pretty much everyting as modules except
>     for NAT
>     for local (not configured) and the ethbridge Netfilter. Anyone
>     else has
>     any ideas?
>
>     Thanks.

I run Fedora, and I'm using the same configuration I did when I built my
first 2.6.x kernel (back in the -test days), so I'm pretty sure my
config works, I'd just like to know what do other people have configured
so this configuration works for them... I *think* I could have NAT to
local active (which might explain some of the problems) or the ethbridge
(though I don't see them set in my .config file). I'll try to rebuild
the kenrel making sure these two options are NOT there.